Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Book and I

Welcome to my blog! My name is Emily Jones and I am 17 years old. I am currently attending Governor Simcoe Secondary School in my last year of grade 12. I have blonde hair, blue eyes and am not very tall. I enjoy recreational sports such as soccer, field hockey and rowing. I have a part-time job at Dairy Queen at which i am a shift leader. I also enjoy many things in my spare time such as; scrapbooking, reading, hanging out with my friends,shopping, and listening to music. I enjoy listening to music as much as possible. i like listening to bands such as Maroon 5, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Drake, Three Days Grace and many others. I also enjoy traveling and going to new places. I have been very fortunate to be able to travel to places all over the world such as; Florida, Pennsylvania, San Francisco, Montreal, Chicago, Cuba, Barbados, Georgia, New York City, Paris, Holland, Belgium, and soon going to Mexico. I only hope as I get older I get to visit more places around the world. I would love to go to Africa one day!

The book that I chose to read for my ISU is Sophie`s Choice by William Styron. I chose to read this book because I enjoy the historical aspects of the book. I enjoy learning about World War I and II. The history behind it and the impact on our society today really interests me. The storyline looked like it would be a really good book and would turn out to be a page turner. The front of the book did not look to intriguing but the summary that i found online proved the opposite. I am hoping that the book will be an easy read and that i will not want to put it down. The New York Times Book Review raves that the book is
A passionate,courageous book... It is a thriller of the highest order, all the more thrilling for the fact that the dark, gloomy secrets we are unearthing one by one...may be authentic secrets of history and our own human nature - The New York Times Book Review.

The book seemed to have nothing but good reviews from various sites, so I thought that it would be a good choice for my 12U ISU. I hope that I am proven right and that this book really is as good as i anticipate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment